Call for Abstracts
We invite you to submit abstracts to the 7th International Conference on Social Work in Health and Mental Health that will take place in Los Angeles, California, on June 23-27, 2013. This conference is pertinent to practitioners, scholars, policy makers and service users, and all participants are encouraged to submit abstracts for presentation.
You may submit an abstract for either an oral presentation or a poster presentation. You will be asked to indicate your preference during the abstract submission process.
Presenting authors must register to attend the conference and pay the registration fee.
Accepted abstracts will be published and distributed electronically to all attendees via flash drive.
Abstract Submissions are Closed
An abstract is a brief summary of your presentation. The abstract should include the following information:
- The problem and aim of the project
- Methods used to investigate/solve the problem
- Results of the project (e.g., evidence obtained, practice impacted, policy impacted)
- Lessons learned and/or potential value of the results in contexts other than where the project/study took place
When submitting your abstract, please indicate one of the following subthemes that best matches your subject:
- Client groups in health and mental health
- Military personnel and families
- Older adults
- Integrated service settings in health, mental health and substance abuse
- Diversity in health and mental health
- Recovery model
- Families and friends in the recovery process
- Global health
- Destigmatization of mental illness and health problems
- Social policy, health and mental health
- Integrated health care policies
- Health equity and inequality
- Evidence-based practice
- Practice-based research
- All abstracts should be written and/or presented in English.
- No abstract submissions will be accepted after the submission deadline of February 16, 2013.
- A receipt of acknowledgement for submissions will be sent via email to the address indicated in your submission.
- A notification of acceptance of the abstract will be emailed to the contact author by mid-March 2013.
- If needed, a formal letter of acceptance/invitation can be downloaded from the Pathways 2013 website. (You insert your personal information into the form letter).
- Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words.
- Conferences organizers will not copy-edit the abstracts; they will be published as received from the contact author.
- Production of posters for the scientific poster session is the responsibility of the submitter; posters should be 40” by 40” (approximately 1m by 1m)
Criteria for Review
Relevance: The abstract is relevant to the topic of the conference themes and/or subthemes
Contribution to Social Work: The abstract contributes to the knowledge base, practice or aspects of social work
Clarity: The abstract is clearly written and includes all required information